Wednesday, December 31, 2014

14 Things I Learned in 2014

The end of the year is upon us, so let's reflect! As a 22 year old, I fluctuate between feeling like a jaded old cat lady with a cigarette and a baby stubbing its toe for the first time throughout the year when it comes to learning new things, but 2014 has been special. I have never documented my own year as much as I have in 2014, and I'm so thrilled that I can look back on this year as one of upheaval, passion, challenge, and so much love. That part is craziest, and sometimes I almost can't believe how much of it there is in my life-- such love for Sanford, love for food, love for writing, and love for all of those closest to me.

Thank you to everyone for making this one of the most memorable years of my life. This list of things I've learned is for you...may it be funnier and less serious than the intro proceeding it.


1) Don't drink caffeine. Ever.

2) If you think heroin might be involved, run for the hills.

3) Hangovers are so real.

4) If you follow through, some good things can come out of "speaking your mind" on social media.

5) I didn't think I could keep a secret, but I can. And I'm really impressed with myself.

6) Relationships should be work, but they shouldn't be a full time job.

7) Sometimes it's better just to say no up front, rather than risk an awkward exit later.

8) Not liking the Beatles is a serious red flag. Seriously.

 

9) You can get antibiotic prescriptions over the phone without ever seeing a doctor.

10) Relative to most people, the men in my life rock.

11) I am surrounded by an amazing group of female role models.

12) Having three jobs isn't so bad as long as you keep things local.


 13) Them nerdy boys, though.


14) Keep your priorities in order.

  

 

Happy New Year, Sanford!

Cheers to you all!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment