Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sanford Selfies Live On!

As some of you may know, the Sanford Chamber of Commerce held a Downtown Sanford selfie contest last month as an interactive way for visitors and residents to see Sanford through new eyes. I was skeptical at first, because I almost never took selfies, but made a vow to post at least two a week in order to help popularize the contest and get others to participate.

As some of you may also know, I became obsessed. I posted a new Downtown Sanford Selfie almost every day. And you know what? I loved it!

And now I can't stop.  It was so much fun to find and create situations in which to take selfies, all using downtown as a backdrop that now I find myself thinking, "This would make a great selfie!" So, I have decided to continue taking Sanford Selfies, contest or no contest. (I might be a little miffed that my privacy settings prevented me from placing. I might.)

I invite anyone in Sanford to be super selfie-absorbed and join me in my journey of selfie-discovery by sending me your Downtown Sanford Selfies! (sorry, couldn't resist!) You can email them directly to sumaphelia@gmail.com with the subject line "Sanford Selfie" or tag it with #sanfordselfie. (The chamber's tag, #DTSS, also includes posts from Downtown Silver Springs, so I thought I'd simplify things.) I would like to have a gallery of friendly Sanford faces and who knows...maybe one day I'll hold a contest of my own!

Here is a link to the contest winners from the city's contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment