Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunday Funday: How I Totally Lost Rob's Fork


 I always think hosting at the Willow Tree is funny because I'm basically standing in the middle of the sidewalk on the street on which I grew up, currently live, and regularly drink, with a big 'ole smile on my face for nine hours. I'm pretty much guaranteed to run into people I know all day, while sweating my ass off.

Today, Rob from Rabbitfoot was walking past the restaurant, said, "Hey, Jeremy needs your house keys. I'm going to get ice", then reappeared five minutes later with two bags of ice, sticking his hand out. As I handed them over, it occurred to me for a split second that I was giving my keys to someone I wasn't related to, wasn't dating, that I have only known for six months, and who asked for them while strolling down the street on his way to do something else. 

....woah.

Then I blinked, remembered I was in Sanford, and things didn't seem so weird. 

And Rob IS my boyfriend's boyfriend, after all. 

That incident inspired me to spend my break shooting the shit at Rabbitfoot, so I walked my food (single mettwurst with side salad, thousand island, chipotle mayo, bier cheese soup and french bread, thanks for asking) over there on a Willow Tree plate.

BUT! I forgot a fork, and almost had to go all the way upstairs to get one. Luckily, Rob loaned me a fork (AND a knife). (Whoa, close one.)

BUT THEN. I took the plate back to work, and unknowingly shanghaied Rob's cutlery! I wrapped it in a napkin so I could drop them off when I went home. (I'm responsible.)

Meanwhile, some jack ass pulled into the alley to do a three-point and yelled, "What up, girl?" I was prepared to be pissed, since catcalling is the bane of my existence, but it was Percy! Hell yeah, I love it when my favorite people from other bars visit our bar!

BUT THEN. While I was distracted, someone bussed the fork and knife and put them in the dishpit! I felt horrible. Rob's cutlery was lost forever in Willow Tree dishwashing purgatory!

Okay, not really, but that's how it felt.

So, I swung by Rabbitfoot on my way home and begged forgiveness (barely granted), and listened to Rob's ideas for wall art. (It's gonna be great.)

I went upstairs and did some serious clean up in my apartment. I even put the shade on my lamp that Jeb fixed for me! He took it from my house at Martini Monday before the commission meeting to fix it, and I just picked it up this last Martini Monday at the Shining Casa. (What can I say? I never make it uptown enough.) I gotta tell you, it's like a whole different room in here. I never realized I missed this lamp so much!

Later on, Jeremy decided to go out for beer so we could watch the Big Lebowski. When he came back, he said, "I just ran into Sada downstairs."

"Really? What was he doing over here?" I never run into Sada on my block. He must have been on a mission. You know. Because it's such a long walk from the Willow Tree to my house. "Is he coming upstairs?"

"He said something about returning Rob's fork?"

Whew, what a relief. Man, I love Sanford.





No comments:

Post a Comment