Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Martini Monday: Back to the Beverlys'!

Had an awesome time working at Washburn's yesterday. I got a ton of organization done in my personal life (always a good thing) and even made my first big sale! The piece was a beautiful monkey pod wood console that the clients just fell in love with. They're going to use it as a coffee table by putting a piece of glass on top. Love it when people walk in and get creative!

The only caveat was that Crazy Jim came in and heckled me for not having money. That's cool, bro. If having money means I'm gonna grow up to be like you, I'm good.

After work, I met up some other townies at the Imperial. I was really disappointed to hear that select guests at the Pingathon event decided to bully people I know over the Marina Island issue. How tactless and rude to turn a benefit for a friend who suffered a stroke into a platform for you to showcase your fat cat politics and assert dominance over your neighbors. Shame on you, Tom Ball.

Tammy and I left for Martini Monday at the Beverlys' house at the same time. We walked outside, said goodbye, and I was about halfway back to my apartment before I realized Jeremy had my car! It's so funny, I hardly ever drive anywhere anymore that it didn't even occur to me that I would need a ride uptown. Tammy graciously turned around to give me a ride!

It was great to be back at the Beverly household, sipping ice cold martinis and sharing the food we all brought. The Jahelkas made vegetarian pizza and I had a cheese and meat platter made at Magnolia Square Market (love those guys!). This is what Martini Monday is all about, tapping into all those fuzzy community feelings. Or maybe it's just the alcohol that makes those feelings fuzzy. Either way, I love spending time with these people!

No comments:

Post a Comment