Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Thoughts: Oktoberfest and this Kick-Ass Weather

October (Oktober?) has been the jam so far! First off, Sanford has seen some really lovely days weather wise. It's great to be able to throw our old-ass windows open and feel an amazing breeze and chill flowing. (I even had to put pants on one day!) We've been spending plenty of time outside at Rabbitfoot soaking it all up.
 
The Oktoberfest edition of Alive After Five rocked. I got to work the beer truck for Hollerbach's, and the delightful Claudia of Sanford365 let me borrow her extra dirndl, completely perpetuating the stereotype in my brain that true Germans just have a closet full of Bavarian garb ready to don at a moment's notice. I like to think it heavily contributed to the great beer sales we had that night. The fact that our German beer truck obliterated the Budweiser truck in sales 3 to 1 is a thought that truly makes the beer-o in me happy. (Winos get a cute name, why not us?)
As a side note, Jeremy and I have been spending a ton a quality time with the Rabbitfoot crew. I love being in the same room with these people, and having them in the same room as my other favorite people from other businesses in town is just mindblowing! Tiffany and Harry teamed up and joined us at the Imperial last Thursday for Vinyl Night and I almost lost it. Love my #sanfordtribe!!
 
But brace yourself for the coolest part of all: people are reading Sanford-Centric! I ran into Brett outside of Celery City and he was like, "This is the weirdest thing, I'm reading Sanford-Centric on my phone." Last night at Hollerbach's, I saw my favorite Uptown Sanford family, the Agninis! I had no idea Tammy was a Parks and Rec fan, but she said she was relating a little too much to my Sanford feelings post. (If Tammy and I were ever 22 at the same time, Sanford would be in serious trouble.) I'm very flattered and touched that locals are reading my blog!
Keep rocking it, Sanford!

No comments:

Post a Comment