Friday, October 3, 2014

Happy Thoughts: Summer Showers and I'm Basically Liz Lemon

I hate to sound like a basic bitch, but I am so excited for fall! (And it really has nothing to do with pumpkin, although I am very partial to squash. Also, keep an eye out for Willow Tree's Apple Pumpkin soup. If you like sweet/savory/garlicky things, it's the bomb! Also, while I consider it a bit of a sellout, them real basic bitches out there will be happy to hear that Rabbitfoot is now carrying pumpkin spice items. You're welcome.) Anyone who has hung out with me during the summer understands that the Florida heat is the greatest test of any of my friendships. So the fact that Jeremy has stuck around through the inferno and lasted until the first taste of cooler weather is impressive.
I am a huge fan of rain, and the Afternoon Showers of 2014 have not disappointed. I love watching from inside, but the downpours have definitely led to me getting soaking wet on my way home from the Willow Tree. Lucky for me, during my slightly longer walk from Washburn's on Monday, I improvised with a bit of bubble wrap. Not only was I super chic, I also stayed pretty damn dry.
Celery City is shaping up to be one of my favorite places to grab a beer! When they first opened, I was a little hesitant because I felt like I could get most of their beers from other bars on the block. Now that they are focusing more on Florida beer (complete with happy hour from 3-6!), I think their selection is a really nice complement to the other craft beer businesses. Plus, what's not to love about shuffleboard tournaments with bar tabs for prizes? Plus, that view out back is gorgeous!
In other news, Jeremy scored the White Album at Rabbitfoot for wait for it....$20! Later that night while we were out, I asked if he was ready to leave, and he was like, "You wanna go do a combination of lying down, watching 30 Rock, eating leftovers, and listening to the Beatles?" and I was just like...
 
In other words, things have been pretty swell on this side of First. Hope your week was kickin', Sanfordites!

No comments:

Post a Comment